This is a place to brainstorm, share group work, pose questions, comment before/during/after discussions, post drafts--and anything else we decide to blog about on our education odyssey.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Montgomery Boycott: Connect to Life, p.124
What do you know about the civil rights movement and two of its key participants, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I know Rosa Parks did not give up her seat to a white person on the bus and was aressted for it and I know Martin Luther King had a lot to do with civil rights movemnet and made a very important speech that changed America. I would like to read more memiors on people during the civil rights movement because it's a very intresting to hear peoples encounters with civil rights issues.
I know that during the Civil Rights Movement there was a lot of segregation of black people. I know that Rosa Parks was a black woman who refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white person and that caused much controversy. I know, too, that Martin Luther King Jr. was very well-known for his civil rights activist speaches and speaking for the African-American people.
With Rosa Parks I knew that she didn't give up her seat on the bus for a white person and was then arrested. With Martin Luther King Jr. I knew that he was involved with the civil rights movement a lot. I would like to know more about what they did.
I know that the civil rights movement was about blacks being tired of being segragated in schools or on buses and other things like that. I also know that Rosa Parks was arrested after refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white person. I also know thay Martin Luther King Jr was a well known civil right activist. He was a strong leader who was killed fighting for what he believed in. Like Shannon I think I would like to read more memiors of people from that time.
I don't know much about the civil rights movement but I do know that Posa Parks stood up for African American equality and she started the boycott of the buses with her action of not giving up her seat on the bus for a white person. I know that she was arrested for that, but it later started a huge movement for the equality if African Americans. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. was an active leader in standing up for the rights of African Americans.
I know the basics of the civil rights movement. I know about segregation in schools, buses, and public restrooms. I also know that Rosa Parks would not give up her seat on the bus and that Martin Luther King Jr. was a well known preacher about anti-segregation. I think that I would enjoy reading more memoirs about the civil rights movement.
I have not learned much about the civil rights movement. I do know that Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. both had a lot to do with the civil rights movement due to the segregation laws. I know that Rosa Parks refused to get up from her seat on the bus and later was involved in movements trying to end segregation. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. was known for his civil rights movements and fighting for what he believed in through many speaches.
I don't really know much about the Civil Rights Movement, but I do know a little about Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. I know that Rosa Parks didn.t give up her seat to a white person on the bus so she got arrested. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. stood up for what he believed in and gave a lot of speeches regarding the movement, but other than that I don't really know much but I would like to learn more about it.
I don't know much about the civil rights movement. The only things I really know about it are the bus boycott and the march on Washington D.C. Other than that, nothing really. I know MLK was one of the leaders of the movement who was eventually assassinated and that Rosa Parks sparked the bus boycott.
I know the main points about the Civil Rights movement and the people involved, such as MLK and Rosa Parks, though i don't know all the small details about how and why certain things happened. I am familiar with the story of Rosa Parks though, and some of MLK's more famous speeches.
I just know the basics about the Civil Rights Movement,Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. For example I know it was a movement for African-Americans to get the same rights as whites, and to stop segregation in US. I also know that it basically started when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a bus. finally I know that Martin Luther King Jr. was the basically the overall leader of the whole thing, and that he inspired African-Americans to protest with speaches such as "I Have a Dream". So, what I would like to know would be was how did King become the leader of the movement, and basically just other details of how it all came together.
I know that they are both civial rights activists who worked twards the equality of black and whites in America. I also know that Martin Luuther was assasinated and that Rosa Parks wouldnt give up her seat on a bus and that was what started the whole movement. She wasnt trying to start anything either she was just tired. I would like to know who killed Martin Luther and is he had any ties to the KKK ect. Also i would like to know if Rosa Parks had any idea her not giving up her seat would lead to this
I know a little about the civil rights movement. I know that Rosa Parks was a black woman who would not give up her seat on the bus to a white man, and she was arrested and brought up on criminal charges for said reason. Martin Luther King Jr, I know, was a leader in the movement, and he was famous for his speeches and 'dreams'.
I know Rosa Parks did not give up her seat to a white person on the bus and was aressted for it and I know Martin Luther King had a lot to do with civil rights movemnet and made a very important speech that changed America. I would like to read more memiors on people during the civil rights movement because it's a very intresting to hear peoples encounters with civil rights issues.
ReplyDeleteI know that during the Civil Rights Movement there was a lot of segregation of black people. I know that Rosa Parks was a black woman who refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white person and that caused much controversy. I know, too, that Martin Luther King Jr. was very well-known for his civil rights activist speaches and speaking for the African-American people.
ReplyDeleteWith Rosa Parks I knew that she didn't give up her seat on the bus for a white person and was then arrested. With Martin Luther King Jr. I knew that he was involved with the civil rights movement a lot. I would like to know more about what they did.
ReplyDeleteI know that the civil rights movement was about blacks being tired of being segragated in schools or on buses and other things like that. I also know that Rosa Parks was arrested after refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white person. I also know thay Martin Luther King Jr was a well known civil right activist. He was a strong leader who was killed fighting for what he believed in. Like Shannon I think I would like to read more memiors of people from that time.
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about the civil rights movement but I do know that Posa Parks stood up for African American equality and she started the boycott of the buses with her action of not giving up her seat on the bus for a white person. I know that she was arrested for that, but it later started a huge movement for the equality if African Americans. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. was an active leader in standing up for the rights of African Americans.
ReplyDeleteI know the basics of the civil rights movement. I know about segregation in schools, buses, and public restrooms. I also know that Rosa Parks would not give up her seat on the bus and that Martin Luther King Jr. was a well known preacher about anti-segregation. I think that I would enjoy reading more memoirs about the civil rights movement.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have not learned much about the civil rights movement. I do know that Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. both had a lot to do with the civil rights movement due to the segregation laws. I know that Rosa Parks refused to get up from her seat on the bus and later was involved in movements trying to end segregation. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. was known for his civil rights movements and fighting for what he believed in through many speaches.
ReplyDeleteI don't really know much about the Civil Rights Movement, but I do know a little about Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. I know that Rosa Parks didn.t give up her seat to a white person on the bus so she got arrested. I also know that Martin Luther King Jr. stood up for what he believed in and gave a lot of speeches regarding the movement, but other than that I don't really know much but I would like to learn more about it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about the civil rights movement. The only things I really know about it are the bus boycott and the march on Washington D.C. Other than that, nothing really. I know MLK was one of the leaders of the movement who was eventually assassinated and that Rosa Parks sparked the bus boycott.
ReplyDeleteI know the main points about the Civil Rights movement and the people involved, such as MLK and Rosa Parks, though i don't know all the small details about how and why certain things happened. I am familiar with the story of Rosa Parks though, and some of MLK's more famous speeches.
ReplyDeleteI just know the basics about the Civil Rights Movement,Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. For example I know it was a movement for African-Americans to get the same rights as whites, and to stop segregation in US. I also know that it basically started when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a bus. finally I know that Martin Luther King Jr. was the basically the overall leader of the whole thing, and that he inspired African-Americans to protest with speaches such as "I Have a Dream". So, what I would like to know would be was how did King become the leader of the movement, and basically just other details of how it all came together.
ReplyDeleteI know that they are both civial rights activists who worked twards the equality of black and whites in America. I also know that Martin Luuther was assasinated and that Rosa Parks wouldnt give up her seat on a bus and that was what started the whole movement. She wasnt trying to start anything either she was just tired. I would like to know who killed Martin Luther and is he had any ties to the KKK ect. Also i would like to know if Rosa Parks had any idea her not giving up her seat would lead to this
ReplyDeleteI know a little about the civil rights movement. I know that Rosa Parks was a black woman who would not give up her seat on the bus to a white man, and she was arrested and brought up on criminal charges for said reason. Martin Luther King Jr, I know, was a leader in the movement, and he was famous for his speeches and 'dreams'.
ReplyDeleteGreat questions to explore as you read...
ReplyDelete