A frequent start-up activity is called KWL. Students are polled for the following information before a unit of study:
What do students KNOW about the topic?
and
What do students WANT to learn about the topic?
After the unit of study is completed, students are asked what they LEARNED.
SO, what do you KNOW about Shakespeare, comedy or Midsummer Night's Dream?
What do you WANT to learn?
Please comment below!
I know most of Shakespeare's general background from last year, and I know that his comedies always end happily, the opposite of his dramas, but otherwise I don't know much specifically about Midsummer's Night Dream, besides what we've already talked about in class. As for what I want to learn I think it will be cool to examine similarities between this and Romeo and Juliet, although they one is a comedy and the other is a drama.
ReplyDeleteLike Jeremy, I remember most of Shakespeare's background from last year. I also know that he wrote the play, "Romeo and Juliet." Other than that though I don't know that much about Shakespeare and his writing and about Midsummer Night's Dream. What I want to learn is the style of Midsummer Night's Dream and just when it was written and how it was performed.
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't remember much about Shakespeare, and I don't really know many of the plays he has written. I'd like to learn more about Shakespeare and his background, and his style of writing because I think it is important to know a lot about him. I don't know anything about Midsummer Night's Dream besides the fact he wrote it and it is a comedy.
ReplyDeleteI also know most of Shakespeare's backround from last year and how he writes, but I don't know anything about Midsummer Night's Dream specifically, other than the chracters and that its a commedy and that it has a happy ending.
ReplyDeleteI do not know much about Shakespeare. I would like to learn more about him and his writing style because a lot of things done in school have to do with him. He is also refered to in English as well as my other classes. The only thing I know about Midsummer Night's dream is that it is a comedy written by Shakespeare becasue we talked about it in class.
ReplyDeleteI recall alot about shakespeare, i know he wrote 37 playwrights, he created the comical vs. tragic themes. I know several plyas he wrote, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth and many more and a very established poet. He is most famous for his sonnets. I dont remember too too much but i recall quite a bit. And i dont know alot about a midsummer night's dream, and will take in any information.
ReplyDeleteAll i know about Mid summers night dream is a little bit about the plot from a kids show that they acted this play out on. I know its a comedy and a little on the back ground of Shakespeare. I want to learn more about how he grew upa dn started writing these plays becasue im questioning if he really is who they say he is after seeing the trailer for the movie "annoynams"
ReplyDeleteI know a few random facts that we learned last year about his plays and other works. I also know that he wrote several plays about the king and possibly the queen of England. I also know that many of his plays came to deathly conclusions of main or important characters. I have also heard about the consipercy that it wasn't actually William Shakespeare who wrote all of his works. It would be interesting to learn more about his history, not just about the way he writes.
ReplyDeleteI basically know Shakespeares work and how he writes it. I haven't read too much of his work but he usually sets things in a romantic setting. I want to know how he made his plays and how he made them so deep and interesting. I also would want to know more background history on Shakespeare since i never took the time and did it.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember much about Shakespeare's background or his life, but I do remember some points of his writing style. I am unfamiliar with Midsummer Night's Dream and know nothing about it besides the fact Shakespeare wrote it.
ReplyDeleteFor the most part, I think the majority of the class knows enough about Shakespear from last years lesson. And that comedies end happily and tragedies end sadly. I don't know much about this work but I'm very intersting in learning what it is about.
ReplyDeleteI remember some of Shakespeare's background from last year. I know most of his plays are either comedy or tradgedy, and I'm somewhat familiar with his writing style because we read Romeo and Juliet last year. But Shakespeare is still really hard to understand.
ReplyDeleteI sort of remember Shakespeares background but I do forget some stuff. I know that all his comedeys end happily so I know this play will end up with a happy ending. I also know the conflict is between four young lovers. I think it is similar to Romeo and Juliet. I want to know more about the plot and what happens in the story, that why I cant wait to start reading!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI dont know that much about Shakespeare. I know the basics of his background and I know he wrote both comedies and tragedies. I read "Julius Caesar" last year, but do not know much about A Midsummer Night's Dream other than what we have discussed in class.
ReplyDeleteI know a little bit abour Skakespeare's background from last year and I don't know much about A Midsummer Night's Dream other than what we have discussed in class. I would like to learn the style that it is written in and how it is similar to Romeo and Juliet and also how it was performed.
ReplyDeleteI know about Shakespeare from last year. He wrote plays as well as poetry. He is most famous for his iambic pentameter in his 14 line sonnets. I also know that in his plays that are tragedies almost everyone dies. I do not know about his comedies though. I would like to learn about his plays that are comedies as well as just the story of A Midsummer Nights Dream. I know there are faries and people and I immeadiatly think of Artemis Fowl. I would like to learn if there are any connections.
ReplyDeleteI basically know a lot of background information about Shakespeare. This includes things such as his use of iambic pentameter and his tragedies. However, I do not know anything about Shakespeare's comedies so I am not aware how they are set up or if they even have the same style that he uses in his tragedies. So I think it would be helpful to see some examples or just go over Shakespearean comedies.
ReplyDeleteI know alot about Shakespeare's background between Miss Pflaumer's class and history last year.We had to watch movies about him and read alot of biographies. But as far as a Midsummer Night's Dream goes, I know very little about it aside from what we talked about in class.
ReplyDeletethe things i know about shakespeare are the things i learned in english last year. i know he wrote plays that have been acted out across the world since they were originally written. when it comes to a Midsummer Night's Dream i dont know much.
ReplyDelete